This privacy statement is intended to inform Users and Customers of the website www.nubyclub.com (hereafter referred to as the ‘Website’) about the way their personal data is processed and how cookies are being used.
‘Users’ are people that use the Website.
‘Customers’ are people who have made a purchase through the Website.
I - PERSONAL DATA
1. Processing of personal data
The personal data of Users and Customers of the Website is processed by the company
NEW VALMAR BV
Bunstraat 104, B-9940 Evergem (Belgium)
Registered in the Belgian Trade Register under the number 0447.933.429
Intra-Community VAT number: BE 0447.933.429
Customer service: 09 277 20 20
Telephone number: 09 277 20 20
By 'processing of data' we mean any action that is carried out with personal data. The term ‘processing’ includes amongst others all aspects connected to gathering, registration, organization, saving, changing, deleting, consulting, using or communicating by sharing personal data, or any other use that publishes, approaches, connects, archives, deletes or destroys personal data.
NEW VALMAR, with headquarters in Buntstraat 104, B-9940 Evergem (Belgium), is responsible for processing your personal data.
Thanks to this processing NEW VALMAR can offer the Users and Customers several services on the Website. The collected data is necessary for the management of the customer relationship.
This processing is based on the provisions of art. 9 and in accordance with the law on the protection of privacy of 08/12/1992 and as from 25/05/2018 in accordance with the European regulation (2016/679) (GDPR).
2. To what purpose do we use this data?
NEW VALMAR processes your personal data for many purposes. Every time your personal data is being processed, only the relevant data for that specific purpose is used.
If consent is given and where necessary we collect personal data for the following concrete purposes:
- To process your request with regard to our products and services;
- To give you the best possible service and inform you about our products;
- To optimize our network, to avoid nuisance with regards to our online orders and to check the quality of the customer’s internet connection;
- To offer you personalized publicity;
- To prevent fraud (e.g. to avoid identity theft);
- To improve our products and services;
- To be able to collect anonymous, statistical data on trends in the baby market;
- To fulfill our legal obligations
In accordance with the law, we will not process sensitive data, in particular data about your race, ethnical heritage, political or religious beliefs, sexual preference and your health.
If you do not want the data about your purchases to be processed for marketing purposes, please click on the appropriate link on our website or contact the customer service of NEW VALMAR via firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Nature of the collected data
NEW VALMAR can save personal data of Users and Customers when they:
- Create an account on the Website: title, name, first name, e-mail address, password;
The password submitted by the User or Customer when creating an account, should be at least eight (8) characters and consist of at least two (2) of the following four (4) types: uppercase, lowercase, numeric, special characters. The account of Users and Customers will be blocked after ten (10) failed attempts.
- Place an order on the Website: title, name, first name, billing and delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number, method of payment:
- Browse through the Website: IP address of the computer that is being used to surf;
- Contact the customer service of NEW VALMAR: name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number
Mandatory or non-binding data will be indicated during collection. When you refuse to enter mandatory data, it is possible that certain functions or services will not work properly or not at all. Certain data is saved automatically by certain actions of Users or Customers on the Website.
Users and Customers of the Website can receive offers, promotions and information of NEW VALMAR via e-mail by subscribing to the newsletter. They can unsubscribe at any given moment by clicking the appropriate link at the bottom of every newsletter that is sent by NEW VALMAR or by contacting the customer service of NEW VALMAR via the e-mail address email@example.com
Subject to explicit and prior consent, Users and Customers may receive commercial offers from NEW VALMAR's commercial partners by e-mail.
4. Retention period of the collected data
NEW VALMAR will not save data longer than necessary for the purposes that they are being saved for.
Personal data of Users will not be saved longer than 2 years if they have not become Customers. Afterwards, this data will be destroyed from our databases and archives.
Personal data of Customers will not be saved longer than the legal retention period for invoices in Belgium, being 7 years. Afterwards, this data will be destroyed from our databases and archives.
5. Recipients of the collected and transferred data
The collected data is intended for NEW VALMAR.
This data can also be transferred or consulted by certain third parties (subcontractors) that NEW VALMAR relies on to execute certain services, such as:
- Management of the website
- Management of the server
- Suppliers that are responsible for the preparation of the order and the shipment of them;
- Suppliers that are responsible for transport of the ordered products;
- The financial partner of NEW VALMAR in regard to management, prevention of fraud and inning of taxes;
- The suppliers that are responsible for newsletters, etc.
These suppliers are contractually bound to guarantee the security and confidentiality of personal data collected by NEW VALMAR and are not allowed in any case to use this data for other purposes than executing the service for which they were appointed by NEW VALMAR. These suppliers are also not allowed to execute any actions without instructions of NEW VALMAR.
In general, NEW VALMAR commits to not transferring personal data of Users or Customers to third parties without explicit consent of those Users and Customers, except when this is legally obligated.
The data that is collected via the Website will be saved within the territory of the European Union.
6. Right of access, correction, deletion and objection to processing
In accordance with art. 9 and in accordance with the law on the protection of privacy of 08/12/1992 and as from 25/05/2018 in accordance with the European regulation (2016/679) (GDPR), the Customer has the right to access, correct and delete his data and of objecting to all personal data that is being saved of him.
You can exercise this right at any time by contacting one of the following addresses via e-mail or letter post, with attached proof of identity:
- Buntstraat 104, B-9940 Evergem (Belgium);
- Or firstname.lastname@example.org
The requests will be processed by NEW VALMAR within a maximum of two (2) months, starting from the day of reception of the full request.
For all information regarding the right of access, correction, deletion or objection, Users and Customers can contact the customer service of NEW VALMAR via the following address:
To be complete, we would also like to inform you that if NEW VALMAR does not respond to your request, refuses your request or if the response does not meet your expectations, you always have the right to submit a complaint to the Privacy Committee email@example.com, and starting 25/05/2018 via the data protection authority.
7. Safety and confidentiality of the collected data
NEW VALMAR does everything they can to ensure the confidentiality and the safety of the processed personal data and to protect this data against incidental or illegal destruction, incidental loss, falsification, non-authorized sharing or access, as well as any other illegal form of processing.
NEW VALMAR takes appropriate technical and organizational safety measures, such as measures with regard to physical security of premises, identification and authentication of authorized persons with access to data, security of transaction data (SSL encrypted server), technical protection measures (proxies, firewalls), etc.
However, NEW VALMAR does not control all the risks associated with the operation of the Internet and draws the attention of Users and Customers to the existence of any risks associated with the use and operation of the Internet.
II – COOKIES
When Users and Customers visit the Website, Cookies can be saved on their device (computer, tablet, smartphone).
1. What is a ‘cookie’?
A ‘cookie’ is a text file that can be saved on the hard drive of the device (computer, tablet, smartphone) of Users and Customers by the browser they use to visit the Website and according to their settings. This cookie file allows the sender to recognize the device used to store the cookie for as long as it is valid.
However, the obtained data are limited. The data contain only the number of pages visited, the pages visited, the products added to the shopping basket, the city to which the IP address of the connection is assigned, the frequency of visits and recurring visits, the duration of the visit, the browser, the operating system and the type of device used to carry out the visit. Data such as the name, first name of the user and the postal address of the connection will not be obtained under any circumstances.
2. Information and consent of Users and Customers
When Users and Customers visit the Website for the first time and when NEW VALMAR wants to leave cookies on your device, a pop-up will appear giving information:
- Regarding the precise purposes for which the cookies are being used;
- Regarding the possibility to object and change the settings for cookies by clicking on the link https://www.nuby.be/nl/disclaimer;
- That when the visit to the Website is continued, this will be considered as an agreement to save cookies on their device.
When Users and Customers continue their visit to the Website while the pop-up is still on the screen, they will agree that NEW VALMAR installs cookies on their device. However, at any given moment, they have the possibility to deactivate and/or remove all or a part of the cookies from their device by changing the settings of their browser (see point 5).
3. Cookies used on the Website
The cookies used by NEW VALMAR are:
Cookies that are only required for the operation of the Website
These are internal cookies that are necessary for the operation of the Website. Thanks to these cookies, Users and Customers can use the most important functions of the Website, such as navigate on the Website, create a shopping basket, save their profile data, etc.
Accepting these cookies is a requirement for using the Website. When these cookies are being refused, NEW VALMAR cannot guarantee normal functioning of the Website.
By means of these cookies NEW VALMAR can count the number of visitors and analyze how they use the Website. These cookies will be used by NEW VALMAR to adjust the Website to the needs of the Users and Customers.
The Website uses the following analysis cookies:
- Google Analytics;
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
4. Expiration date of cookies
All cookies used on the Website expire within a maximum period of thirteen (13) months from the first time the cookies were stored on the device of Users and Customers.
5. Setting and deleting cookies
Settings of the browser
At any given moment, the Users and the Customers have the possibility to deactivate or remove all or part of the cookies that are being used by the Website by changing the settings of their browser.
However, when all cookies are being deactivated, and in particular the cookies that are necessary for the operation of the Website, it is likely that the Users and Customers will no longer be able to use certain functions of the Website.
It is possible to deactivate or remove cookies by following the corresponding instructions provided by each internet browser:
- If you are using Google Chrome™: open the configuration menu, select Settings, click Advanced Settings, then click Content Settings, then choose the desired options;
- If you are using Internet Explorer™: open the menu Settings, then click on Internet Options; click on the tab Privacy and on the button ‘Advanced’ to open the window with advanced privacy settings, then select the desired level.
- If you are using Firefox™: open the menu Settings, then select Options, click on the tab Privacy and choose the desired settings.
- If you are using Safari™: open Safari > Preferences and click on Privacy to choose the desired options under Cookies and website data.
- If you are using Opera™: open the menu Settings, select Preferences, click on the tab Advanced and click on Manage cookies in the category Cookies to set the desired options.
To deactivate specifically Google Analytics, Users and Customers can download an additional module of the browser. More information: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=nl